Non Member Certified Practitioner
Speech Pathology Australia (the Association) offers qualified speech pathologists the option of applying to become a Non Member Certified Practitioner.
The requirements of accredited qualifications, recency of practice, and ongoing professional development, are the same for both Certified Practising members and Non Member Certified Practitioners.
Non Member Certified Practitioners are eligible to apply for a provider number with Medicare and use the post nominal CPSP, the same as Certified Practising members. They are not able to access any of the member benefits that are available to Speech Pathology Australia members as listed below.
Download a Non Member Certified Practitioner Application Form .
Benefits of Speech Pathology Australia membership
- Eligibility to apply for a provider number with NDIS and Private Health Providers as well as Medicare
- Complimentary access to the Association’s documents, including Clinical Guidelines and Position Statements
- Access to the Association’s Senior Advisors across a range of areas, including professional practice, professional support, disability, aged care, ethics and professional issues
- Receive the Association’s bi-monthly magazine, Speak Out and the annual Resource Guide
- Complimentary subscription to the Association’s well respected International Journal of Speech-Language Pathology and Journal of Clinical Practice in Speech-Language Pathology
- Access to the Australian Journal of Rural Health
- Network through the Association’s ‘closed’ online members-only Facebook communities
- Member rates for the Association’s Continuing Professional Development workshops and online events
- Register for the Association’s annual National Conference at reduced member rates
- Support through the Association’s Mentoring Program
- Access to the Association’s Supervision Register
- Find information about available speech pathology positions on the Association’s Online Jobs Board or post advertisements at member’s rates
- Secure Professional Indemnity Insurance at a reduced cost
- Automatic inclusion in the Association’s Member Advantage Program with exclusive discounts on a range of quality lifestyle, leisure and financial services
- Keep in touch with your colleagues at a professional and social level at local State Branch meetings and forums
- Receive monthly eNewsletters to keep abreast of what is going on in the profession at state and national levels
- Apply to be considered for a research grant
- Request a letter of good standing to apply for membership of one of the five overseas professional bodies who are signatories to the Mutual Recognition Agreement (MRA)
- Be acknowledged for demonstrating a significant contribution to the Association and/or the speech pathology profession through a range of annual awards
- Have a free listing in the Find a Certified Practising Member of Speech Pathology Australia online search tool.
Australian trained speech pathologists with questions about applying for Non Member Practitioner Certification should contact Speech Pathology Australia.