Professional Self Regulation (PSR)
Speech Pathology Australia (the Association), on behalf of its members, has considered ways to ensure that the professional skills of its members continue to develop. In order to demonstrate to clients and their families, peers, employers, colleagues and the public that speech pathologists have an ongoing commitment to improving their professional knowledge and skills, the Association offers a Professional Self Regulation (PSR) program.
Certified Practising and Full-Time Post Graduate Members who have met the requirements of the PSR program are eligible to use the Certified Practising Speech Pathologist title and post nominals CPSP and their Membership Certificate will include this.
What are the PSR requirements to join or rejoin the Association?
Check the eligibility requirements to join or rejoin as a Certified Practising Member .
Information on PSR
What you need to know about your PSR points when renewing .
An overview of the program is available in the PSR Member Flyer .
More detailed information is available in the PSR Booklet .
The PSR Refresher is worth a read before you complete your PSR Declaration, as part of your renewal process or if you are joining the Association.
New Graduates - Information for Provisional CPSPs
Information for Provisional CPSPs
Eligible members request an extension at renewal time which then allows the member two renewal years to meet the annual points requirement. Read more here .
Recording activities for PSR
- PSR Activities Log Form .
- Online recording is available via 'Update my Profile – then My Account – then My Membership'.
- For activity type 'M', you can download the Record of Contacts for activity type Mentoring, Peer Support, Clinical Supervision Form .
- For activity type 'W/S', the Association also recognises the professional development and learning that occurs via social media networks and discussions: Social Media Record Form .
- At renewal time, you only need to complete the online with your points in each activity type and the total for activities undertaken in the year prior to renewal. Before you start the online renewal process have your points tallied and ready to enter.
Certified Practising Member Audit