Member only benefits
- access to Association documents, including Clinical Guidelines and Position Statements
- access the Association’s Senior Advisors across a range of areas, including professional practice, professional support, disability, aged care, ethics and professional issues
- receive the Association’s bi-monthly magazine, Speak Out
- access to the International Journal of Speech Language Pathology (IJSLP)
- access to the Journal of Clinical Practice in Speech Language Pathology (JCPSLP)
- receive and advertise in the Association's Resource Guide
- access to the Australian Journal of Rural Health
- access the Journal Folia Phoniatrica et Logopaedica
- receive the Association’s well respected International Journal of Speech-Language Pathology and Journal of Clinical Practice in Speech-Language Pathology
- access to the CINAHL (Cumulative Index of Nursing and Allied Health Literature) database
- access the Association’s Continuing Professional Development workshops and online events at member rates
- receive monthly e-Newsletters to keep you up to date on what is going on in the profession at state and national levels
- find or post a new job with the Association’s Online Jobs Board.
Network and community
- network through the Association’s closed member community the Member Hub.
- register for the Association’s annual conference at member rates
- secure support through the Association’s mentoring and supervision programs
- keep in touch with your colleagues at a professional and social level at local State Branch meetings and forums
- use the post-nominal CPSP
- participate in the Association's regular advocacy initiatives to help grow the profession
- secure Professional Indemnity Insurance at a reduced cost
- automatic inclusion in the Association’s Member Advantage Program with exclusive discounts on a range of quality lifestyle, leisure and financial services
Join Speech Pathology Australia now!
Guild Insurance and financial services
Your career is important – so why risk it? You never know what is around the corner! A claim made against you can be stressful and potentially damaging to your career. It pays to be properly protected. That’s why the Association refers you to Guild Insurance.
Guild Insurance works with the Association to ensure that as a speech pathologist, you have the insurance you need to confidently care for your clients.
Support when you need it most
Because receiving a customer complaint is a stressful experience, Guild Insurance provides you with access to the legal experts from Meridian Lawyers – one of Australia’s leading law firms.
Keeping you fully covered
Guild Insurance provides:
- Choice of employment status and level of cover – allows you to select the level of cover that’s right for your professional needs.
- Legal fees – $100,000 cover for legal expenses relating to disciplinary proceedings or coronial inquiries.
- No standard excess on liability claims – you don’t need to worry about expensive excesses when you need to claim. Simply call us for help straight away.
- Plus you can pay your premiums by the month at no additional cost!
Taking out cover is easy
For more information or to apply online at Guild Insurance.
Insurance issued by Guild Insurance Ltd, ABN 55 004 538 863, AFSL 233791 and subject to terms, conditions and exclusions. Guild Insurance supports your association through the payment of referral fees. This information is of a general nature only; please refer to the policy for details. For more information call 1800 810 213.
Speech Pathology Australia has engaged the services of WorkPlacePLUS.
WorkPlacePLUS specialises in industrial relations, human resource management and employment matters across Australia. WorkPlacePLUS can also provide industrial and award advice.
As a member of the Association you are automatically part of Member Advantage. This provides you and your family with access to exclusive discounts on a range of quality lifestyle, leisure and financial services all year round.
New Member Advantage website
All the benefits you have come to enjoy with a great new design and functionality.
Member Advantage provides you and your family with access to exclusive discounts on a range of quality lifestyle, leisure and financial services all year round. The new website has been redesigned to offer the ultimate user-friendly experience with improved navigation and functionality while allowing you to see the full benefits range on offer.